SC Governor Nikki Haley Proclaims October as Spinal Health Month
You may not have represented the United States in London this summer, but that doesn’t mean you have to live your life on the sidelines. This fall, Dr. David Mruz of Greenville, SC, and other doctors of chiropractic across the country will highlight ways you can feel your best every day, regardless of your age, occupation or fitness level, during National Chiropractic Health Month in October. This year’s theme—”Find Your Game”—focuses on how everyone can take steps toward a pain-free, optimally functioning body.
“From ‘weekend warriors’ to active grandparents, people have a wide range of health and activity goals,” says Dr. David Mruz. “The good news is that everyday victories are possible with just a few healthy lifestyle changes. Your chiropractic physician can offer help by providing nutritional advice, exercise and lifestyle recommendations and natural approaches to managing injuries, aches and pains.” In honor of Governor Haley proclaiming October as Spinal Health Month here in South Carolina, Dr. Mruz offers these tips to help you find your game:
- Get Moving: You don’t have to train like an Olympian. Just aim for a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes of exercise three to four days a week.
- Stretch Daily: Improving flexibility is key to avoiding injury. Make a habit of stretching your major muscle groups each day.
- Beat Stress: New activities and experiences help prevent professional and personal burnout. Finding your game involves discovering new activties you enjoy.
- Eat Right: Even a few simple changes can have a postitive impact on your health. Limit red meat, sugar and salt, and don’t self-prescribe dietary supplements. Consult a health care professional to ensure your body gets the nutrients it needs to function optimally.
- Recharge: Try to sleep more each night, and revitalize with a glass of pomegranate juice and a brisk walk in the afternoon. Rest, exercise and good nutrition can put pep back into your step!
For more tips on feeling your best, follow this blog and visit www.ChiroHealthy.com.
Sponsored by the South Carolina Chiropractic Association and the American Chiropractic Association, National Chiropractic Health Month is a nationwide observance held each October. The event helps raise public awareness of the benefits of chiropractic care and its natural, patient-centered approach to health and wellness.
For more information about how Dr. Mruz can help you achieve better overall health and wellness, please contact us.