New research shows that chiropractic is the fastest-growing and second-largest primary health care profession. There are more than 60,000 Doctors of Chiropractic actively practicing in the United States today and that number has been growing steadily—with more than 30 million patient visits per year. Why is chiropractic becoming so popular? Here are 5 things you should know:
1. New technology. With the recent advancements in cutting-edge computer technology introduced to my profession, such as the ProAdjuster and Pulstar Instruments, there is no longer any reason for you to be uneasy regarding chiropractic care. The process of receiving chiropractic treatment can be comfortable, relaxing, and your computerized results take all of the guesswork out. It is truly revolutionary.
2. Doctors of Chiropractic are primary health care professionals. According to the Center for Studies in Health Policy, "The chiropractor can provide all three levels of primary care interventions and, therefore, is a primary care provider, as are MDs. The chiropractor's office is a direct portal of entry to the full scope of service."
3. Chiropractic is also recognized by governmental healthcare programs. Chiropractic is included in Medicare, Medicaid, Federal Employees Health Care Benefits Programs, Federal Workers' Compensation and all state workers' compensation programs. Studies have indicated that chiropractic care can cost up to 73% less than medical care!
4. The practice of Chiropractic is based upon sound scientific principles. The existence of the nervous system as the primary control system of the body is an undisputed scientific fact. Its relationship to the spine and spinal joint function is the focus of the practice of chiropractic. When vertebrae of the spine lack motion, or become hypermobile, through trauma or repetitive stress injury, two major consequences may result: 1) ranges of motion become limited, and 2) joint neurology and spinal nerves emerging from the spinal cord may become affected. Chiropractors may use the term "subluxation" to describe such disruptions.
Interruption of nerve response can eventually lead to pain, disability, and a decrease in the quality of life. Of course, the removal of this source of irritation has been shown to have lasting and significant health benefits.
5. Chiropractic is safe and effective. Chiropractic care is a safe, efficient and cost-effective procedure, which is performed each day nearly one million times. Chiropractic care is non-invasive, and, therefore, the body's response is far more predictable than its reactions to drug treatments or surgical procedures.
Our office has experienced considerable success in patient satisfaction and care. If you or someone you know is suffering from pain or any injuries, you may want to consider being evaluated with the ProAdjuster. You can contact our office to receive more information about this advanced technology or to schedule an appointment.
Photo credit: woodleywonderworks via Compfight